International Round Table on the Future of Coal
Date: November, 2018 Location: Beijing, China
This event will present feasible decarbonisation pathways for: Germany, Poland, India, South Africa, Australia and China. Additionally, the event will feature a detail discussion on China’s coal consumption cap.
- Impacts on global coal trade under alternative coal transitions scenarios (Based on COALMOD results);
- Analysis on how to address country specific challenges for a just transition;
- Insights from international experts on environmental policy, labor unions and energy transitions.
Futher information will be available shortly. Please send your expressions of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
国际煤炭未来圆桌会议 日期：2018年11月地点：中国 此次活动将为德国，波兰，印度，南非，澳大利亚和中国提供可行的脱碳途径。此外，此次活动还将详细讨论中国的煤炭消费上限。 主要议题： 在替代煤炭转换情景下对全球煤炭贸易的影响（基于COALMOD结果） 分析如何解决国家针对公正转型的具体挑战 国际专家对环境政策，工会和能源转型的见解 更多信息来了 表达兴趣:email@example.com
Coal Transitions: A Symposium on current research
Date: 12th April 2018
Location: Australian National University (ANU), Crawford School of Public Policy
In this symposium, early results from the international Coal Transitions research project and research getting underway as part of the Energy Transition Research Hub were presented.
- Scenarios for global coal use and Australian coal production and trade;
- Research on South Africa’s coal industry;
- Supply-side policy options such as taxes on coal production;
- Lessons from the closure of the Hazelwood power station for a ‘just transition’;
- Lessons from industrial transformation and regional renewal in Europe’s old industrial regions;
- Tracing employment effects of coal power plant closure.
More information is availabl on the ANU website.